EIT Health Innovation Day 2019, Karolinska Institute
Date: 15 November
Location: Karolinska Institute
Registration: EIT Health Innovation Day 2019
EIT Health Innovation Day is a one-day event designed to promote health innovation. It is a project of EIT Health, a body of the European Union. It will occur at Karolinska Institutet Solna on November 15, 2019.
This is the first time that the event is designed by students, for students. The overarching theme for this year is “bringing care home”. The day will include a design thinking workshop and a company exposition.
Design thinking workshop
The day will start with breakfast and registration, followed by inspirational talks from experts (details provided below). The workshop will commence after that, during which the participants will work in multidisciplinary teams. The participants will meet healthcare patients and apply the design thinking methodology to generate solutions to address the needs of the patients. Participants will then receive pitch coaching by pitch expert Andrew Hennigan, after which they will pitch their solution to a panel of judges. The winning team will be rewarded with a fully-funded trip to Paris to attend the Winners Event from 30 Nov to 02 Dec 2019. After the pitch, participants are invited to mix and mingle at PrU, the pub at the Medicinska Föreningen .
The venue for the aforementioned activities will be at Tomtebodavägen 6, 171 65 Solna.
Please note that all design thinking participants will be provided with breakfast, lunch and fika, and they will all receive a certificate of participation issued by EIT Health.
Speakers for the inspirational talks
- Annika Szabo, the Educational Manager from EIT Health, who will give a speech on ”EIT Health – what is the next opportunity for you?”
- Mattias Millbro, multiple sclerosis (MS) patient and chairman of Neuro UngMedMS, who will discuss MS and the challenges he faces because of it
- Christine Hammarling, head of health projects from Tengbom Architecture (details of her speech will be announced later)
- Fernanda Torre, visiting teacher of SSE, CEO of FT Innovation and board member of Innovationsledarna, who will provide a speech on ”Uncertainty and Opportunity – Future Speculations as a source of Innovation”
The exposition will feature business incubators and companies in the life science and healthcare industry. It will be an opportunity to see the products that the companies have invented, and to network with the industry.
The exposition will be held from 12.00-14.30 at Retzius Vag 8, 171 65 Solna
The current list of companies that have confirmed attendance is provided below (but please note that it is not the final list of companies):
Who is it for?
The event is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students with an interest in health innovation.
Brief pre-reading materials on design thinking will be sent to the participants to help them prepare for the event, therefore no prior knowledge is required on the subject matter.
One of our aims is to form multidisciplinary teams, therefore we encourage participants from all types of educational backgrounds to apply.
When is it?
Date: November 15, 2019
• 08.00 – 09.00: Breakfast, registration and mingle with your team members (optional)
• 9.00 – 10.00: Welcome, Inspirational Talks
• 10.15-14.30: Design Thinking Workshop, Lunch and Innovation Expo
• 14.30-17.45: Pitch workshop and Live iDay Pitching Contest & Chance for your team to win a trip to Paris on 30 Nov to 02 Dec 2019
• 18.05: Announcement of Winning Team at the innovation pub
• 18.05 – 20.00: Mix and mingle at the pub (optional)
Although the 08.00 – 09.00 session is optional, the design thinking participants are highly encouraged to come then meet their teams and have breakfast with them.
Where is it?
Karolinska Institutet, Solna.
The breakfast, registration, welcome speeches and design thinking workshop will be at Tomtebodavägen 6, 171 65 Solna
The exposition will occur at Retzius Vag 8, 171 65 Solna
Please note that the two venues are approximately 3 minutes away from each other.
Registration is open! Join a network of innovators. Register by clicking here .
RSVP to the event on Facebook.